FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bought BitVice - Where can I download the product?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rudolf Holkers
Bought BitVice - Where can I download the product?
on Sep 3, 2013 at 1:46:59 pm

Hi guys,

I've bought Bitvice for encoding. But where can I download the product?
I only received a receipt mail from no-reply@2co.com.
There's no download link or key

Is there anyone who knows how this normally goes?
I've filled in the support form three times the past 2 days but haven't received any response. The 'send an e-mail' link on the innobits site seems to be dead

I need to start encoding today so if someone has some more contact information or info about the way I should receive the product, would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Rudolf

http://www.film360.nl | video in healt care & education
Panasonic GH2 | FCPx

Return to posts index

Rudolf Holkers
Re: Bought BitVice - Where can I download the product?
on Sep 3, 2013 at 2:19:57 pm

Sorry for double posting, tought the first one didn't came trough.

So now I know I need to receive a product code and a key. I did not received this.
Send an email to press@innobits.com and tried to phone Roger Andersson, but phone was turned off.

Deadline-wise It would be great if I could start encoding today...

Anyone got more contact info from innobits? Email/phone numbers?

Panasonic GH2 | FCPx

Return to posts index

Rudolf Holkers
on Sep 4, 2013 at 4:13:26 am

Found Roger trough Linked in, he's still alive :)
Something went wrong in the sales process. I made a new one and immediatly received a download link & key's

Now off to encode!

Panasonic GH2 | FCPx

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 10, 2013 at 10:26:19 am

Glad you sorted it, BitVice is the real deal for encoding DVD's, the quality on the latest version is brilliant, especially if the footage was shot in HD, the BitVice downscale is very good.

Roger Andersson is very laid back, not always easy to find but when you do he's delightful. I just hope that he keeps this software going because it's awesome.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Rudolf Holkers
on Sep 10, 2013 at 1:56:16 pm

Haha michael, there you are! Was wondering when you would reply.....thanks!
I bought Bitvice because I kept seeing your comments pop up when I read all threads here :)
Roger was indeed very helpful, after we got in touch he immediatley sorted things out and responded very quick to my mails.

Still doubting about my encode settings tough....maybe you can help me out

I'm making a PAL dvd from material shot as 1280X720, 25fps, canon 60D.
DVD has to be compatible on set top boxes and say 5-year old laptops/computers, total size is 45 minutes
Right now I use these settings in bitvice:

4.5 - 6.2 - 7.15, gamma 2.2 checked, purifier 2, intraDC 9

1. What setting do you use/advice?

2. I export my material as prores 442 HQ and right into bitvice. That's ok right?

3. I see some aliasing on the brick wall that is my background (I'm making a training DVD in a gym). And some artifacting or pixelating (not sure what's the right term) around person's head, mostly when person is a few feet away from the camera.

What should I jack up to get better quality? Average or ceiling bitrate? And will spatio help?

Pretty difficult to do your first encode, cause you never know how good it can be.

cheers

Panasonic GH2 | FCPx

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 10, 2013 at 4:31:27 pm

Rudolf, sorry I didn't know you were waiting for me! I now feel responsible but I assure you that I have no financial interest in BitVice.

Now, as to settings. they do depend to some extent on the size of the file but yours sounds OK. I set the average rate to about 7.5, the minimum at 4.5 and the upper limit at 8.25. Yes, I usually set the 2.2 gamma since that tends to prevent to dark an image for TV, but it does depend on what your export settings to ProRes were. If you have the choice try and set the colour space setting to Computer 0 - 255. I'm editing in Media 100 which treats colour space differently from some other systems. I don't know FCP. Back to BitVice. Make sure the single pass box is not checked, you want a double pass encode. I usually have Purifier on 1 but if you have decent clean footage it's not essential. I've never used Intra DC so can't comment.

I'm exporting to ProRes footage that I shoot in 1920 X 1080i 25fps, and BitVice does a brilliant downscale for DVD's. The artifacts that you see sound normal for brickwork (especially if the camera moves) but you shouldn't be getting pixelation. What are you then doing with the m2v and ac3 files? I put them into Studio Pro 4 and burn the resultant .img in Titanium Toast Pro 11.

I hope that this is helpful for you, no doubt others will add their comments, there are so many ways to 'kill a cat' when it comes to this business.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Rudolf Holkers
on Sep 11, 2013 at 10:21:02 pm

Well, my first DVD is being burned as we speak :)
Thanks for you respons&other threads Michael.
Your settings were i bit too high for compatability reasons, my gilfriend's 6 yera old laptop had some stuttering, so I wanted to go safe.
Went with: 6,031 - 4,5-7,03, 9bits (didn't see any big difference in my tests)
Had some pretty underexposed footage wich I cranked up in FCP and purifier did a pretty good job (normal settings I had 2, underexposed footage 6/7)

Happy me! have sort off been working for 30 hrss= straight so need some good sleep :)
Next stop: Timemanagement & how to deal with deadlines

Panasonic GH2 | FCPx

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 13, 2013 at 11:55:53 am

Rudolf, well?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Rudolf Holkers
on Sep 18, 2013 at 4:57:34 pm

Well....i'm done! Thanks for your help Michael
Client was pretty happy with the image quality....for my settings, see my post above.
Time-consuming job, DVD authoring..

Panasonic GH2 | FCPx

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 18, 2013 at 8:52:23 pm

Rudolf, not all that time consuming, what is your workflow after the BitVice encode? Of course, if you've shot in HD there is the downscale, which BitVice takes some time doing, but after that it's minutes, or at least should be. Do you need menus and all that? I don't, so that simplifies things.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Rudolf Holkers
on Sep 19, 2013 at 6:37:07 am

After Bitvice it goes into DVDSP. Bitvice is pretty quick.
But I had about 50-60 movies divided in 8 categories...each movie had to play seperately and each categorie had a play all button.
So, yeah, a lot of menu :)
That's the time consuming part I underestimated, building menu, testing, building, testing etc

Panasonic GH2 | FCPx

Return to posts index

charles denscombe
on Dec 13, 2013 at 11:28:25 pm

Hi all,
Have had the same problem obtaining bitvice after purchase.
Have emailed again and again, innobits registered phone number is dead.
Need software as we have several projects backing up.
Anybody got a way forward.
Regards.
Charles at microvideo...

Return to posts index

Konstantin Sautier
on Jan 15, 2014 at 9:36:05 pm

Company owner Roger Anderson seems not to be very active any more. But at least in September, it seems, he showed some sign of life.

No problem with Bitvice, that one still works on new Macbook + OS Mavericks;
But it would be nice, if Roger took an effort to adapt "Video Purifier" to the Retina Display. The app still works, but on-screen menus are not readable on my Retina-MBP. which is bad.

he probably prefers hanging out at some lake watching fish most of the time, but now it is winter time, long dark evenings, and he might get inside and do some update work, occasionally?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]