FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will Using Older DVD Burning Software Affect The Quality Of A Burn?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
Will Using Older DVD Burning Software Affect The Quality Of A Burn?
on Aug 28, 2013 at 11:49:19 pm

I had just a quick question, i have Nero 7, and I noticed that it says its from 2007!

pretty old!

I was just concerned if I should buy a newer version or if I should just keep this version?

I assume an up to date version would be better but what about the quality of the burn?

I so far have had no problem with my burns with Nero 7

But would burning with a newer version do something more? like maybe make the dvds last longer or something like that? Because if not then I might as well stay with this older version

Help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Will Using Older DVD Burning Software Affect The Quality Of A Burn?
on Aug 29, 2013 at 9:26:44 am

There probably wouldn't be a great difference although I find that the later versions of BitVice (great encoding software) have, not only done the job much faster, but give an even better quality picture. The lasting times of DVD's vary considerably, depending on how they are kept. Sunlight is not a good idea! I was once told that we shouldn't depend on a burnt DVD lasting much more than five years, as opposed to the commercially pressed discs. Something to do with the dyes used in the disc.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Will Using Older DVD Burning Software Affect The Quality Of A Burn?
on Aug 29, 2013 at 2:36:29 pm

If you're concerned about using outdated software, download "ImgBurn" - it is free and up to date. I create .iso files from Adobe Encore and then quickly burn with ImgBurn.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]