FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro 4 Track Icon

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Holzapfel
DVD Studio Pro 4 Track Icon
on Aug 25, 2013 at 5:57:46 pm

I have searched for this in the Apple documentation and on the web.
no luck. I have noticed that on a track I have created, and added video, there is a small triangle in the lower right of the track icon in the graphical view area. Does anyone know what this might be from?

I also had on in a track that I used a motion project in.
Perhaps it has to do with markers?

One last question, I did have a track set as "First Play". The track's video was from a motion project (.motn file). This track was set as First Play - and when I simulated the DVD in DVD Studio Pro 4, this track plays and jumps to the next menu correctly. That is good. But, when I built the project, and used DVD Player app to test the Video_TS files, it would not play the "First Play" track, but the end jump of this track, which was set to a menu. This was working ok (??). I fixed it by deleting the First Play Track (which also had a small triangle in the lower right of the track icon), creating a new track, adding the video and audio, and then setting it as first play. That worked.

I am open to suggestions.
What about using Adobe Encore instead of DVD Studio Pro 4 - any suggestions there.

Thanks for a great resource,

Eric H.
Eholz1

Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: DVD Studio Pro 4 Track Icon
on Aug 26, 2013 at 4:50:46 pm

If it is a yellow triangle, that is an error message. Maybe your video track is encoded in a format that DVDSP doesn't accept (H.264, VC-1, etc), or wrong video standard (PAL or HD in an NTSC project, for example). Check your encoding workflow.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Eric Holzapfel
on Aug 27, 2013 at 2:38:39 am

Hello Bill,
Thanks for the information. The triangle is not yellow, it is an outline of a triangle
in the lower right part of the track, in the image area. I am using compressed m2v for the video.
I used compressor for the conversion of an Apple Pro Res 422 QT file to mpeg2 for DVD.

I just deleted the track, and re-added the video/audio, and what ever the small triangle
meant, is gone. Mysteries of DVD Studio Pro.

Can you recommend some other tool for encodeing mpeg 2 video for SD DVDs other than
Apple Compressor?

Thanks Again,
Eric

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Aug 27, 2013 at 5:22:38 pm

Hi Eric,

I have to admit I don't know what the outline of a triangle on your picture track means.

For better encoding, there is a software plug-in for Compressor that gives you advanced encoding capabilities. I don't remember what it is called. Maybe someone else can give you the name. We use mostly big-iron encoders here.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Eric Holzapfel
on Aug 31, 2013 at 3:29:48 pm

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the info. It is not critical, but it is confusing. Probably buried somewhere
in Apple's documentation.

I will check for compressor plug in - I did find a standalone program called Bit-Vise, but it is quite
confusing - at the moment anyway!

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]