FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Data Questions

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris rogers
DVD Data Questions
on Jul 30, 2013 at 6:27:55 pm

Hello Cows,

I have a project to migrate hundreds of DATA DVDs to hard drives. It seems to be pretty slow going..

Is there any stand alone device that rips data off a DVD and copies it to a hard drive?

The internal drive on my MAC 2.66 QUAD Core with 3 gigs of RAM does not seem to work consistently.

I am also using 2 LaCie Drives they can only work one at a time..

The disks have problems, I know. But after several tries I do get them to load.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

chris rogers
Re: DVD Data Questions
on Jul 30, 2013 at 7:10:35 pm

Moo,

Oh, and is there a better way to copy? Other than "Drag and Drop" or "Copy and Paste" on the MAC?

Would using some "Copy" command in the shell be a better/faster/reliable way to go?

Thanks!
Chris

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
on Jul 31, 2013 at 2:36:49 pm

Hi Chris,

I've handled a few jobs like this in the past. We have several Rimage Producer 7100s that we use mainly for duplication, but they can be run "backwards" to bulk read/copy data from DVDs as well. We have loaded as many as 600 DVDs at a time and walked away for a few days and it does the rest. It's expensive hardware to buy if you were just buying it for this task, but it's pretty handy to have.

Other than something very specific like that, I'm not sure of any better way to do it, but using a dedicated copy utility other than dragging-and-dropping in finder would help so that the entire process doesn't abort due to a single error.

Return to posts index

chris rogers
on Jul 31, 2013 at 10:59:30 pm

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the good info. Can you recommend a program for copying data?

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]