FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended program for BluRay authoring?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brannon Carty
Recommended program for BluRay authoring?
on Jul 19, 2013 at 4:03:17 pm

I've been researching for a while now BluRay authoring programs such as Scenarist and Blu-Print, but I really am not sure which to go with. I currently use DVD Architect for all my BD-R projects, but I want to make something closer to that of a retail BluRay (pop-up menu, layered menu, etc).

Cost aside, what programs on the market do you think do the better job with BluRay authoring? I've heard a lot about Scenarist from Sonic and how it can do most of what I want. I've heard it only supports VC-1 and MPEG-2 HD files, not AVC..

On the other hand, I've heard that Blu-Print is more user-friendly, but you have less options when making Blu-Ray menus. This is all a lot to take in and I can not decide.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: commended program for BluRay authoring?
on Jul 19, 2013 at 4:52:06 pm

Scenarist is no longer sold or supported and BP is $50k. Blu print isn't more user friendly and has the same capabilities as scenarist. Both tools always supported all 3 codecs

You could look into DoStudio ($4000) Sony or DVD logic's tools ($1000)

Honestly though, as a professional BD author, I can tell you the learning curve is daunting and long. Have you considered having this done professionally? It will save you money, headaches and time

Return to posts index

Brannon Carty
on Jul 19, 2013 at 5:16:30 pm

When you say I would save money, I'm guessing that would be the cost of an authoring program license?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jul 19, 2013 at 5:43:31 pm

Yes...but the time it will take to learn and understand the spec is heavier. There are no manuals and very litte support so unless you work in that environment you'll be on your own.

BD isn't DVD and the tool you use are just consumer applications.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jul 24, 2013 at 6:01:01 am

Hi,
there is a special deal from DVDLogic until end of july for their software 33-50% off, depending on the suite you would like to buy.

if you are not that family with BD-spec, EasyBD Studio would be a good choice for your start.

it contains IG-Editor the editor for your interactive graphics (which is your menu-grafix) and QuickBDMenu, which could help you create your menu very fast.

note: DVDLogic software could not create replication-master BDCMF yet. if you need to do this you need to buy blustreak tracer CMF as well. but this (all toghether) is a lot cheaper than buying DoStudio, Scenarist or Sony Bluprint.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]