FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting DVD to youtube format?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lord
Converting DVD to youtube format?
on Jul 17, 2013 at 1:08:56 am

Hi everyone, sorry if this isn't the right forum to post this in. I have some old projects from Adobe premiere on DVD, and I no longer have any of the original project files. I want to know if there's a way to copy them and change them to a format appropriate to upload to youtube. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Converting DVD to youtube format?
on Jul 17, 2013 at 2:08:12 pm

Hi David,

Copy the .vob files from the DVD to a hard drive on the computer, then Import those files into Premiere and put in a Sequence. Edit if need be, and then Export using an H.264 YouTube preset.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

David Lord
on Jul 17, 2013 at 2:33:03 pm

cool thanks! that sounds easier than I expected. but isn't h.264 a high definition format? these are some old videos I recorded on mini dvr.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jul 17, 2013 at 2:53:31 pm

H.264 is whatever resolution you need it to be, it not an HD format specifically.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

David Lord
on Jul 17, 2013 at 3:25:06 pm

sorry, last question. would there be any benefit to exporting in h.264 over MPEG 4? that's always what I used to export in.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jul 17, 2013 at 3:27:14 pm

No, MPEG-4 has very limited options for export. Definitely look under H.264 and there are several YouTube presets when you scroll down, I believe they do have a "YouTube SD" preset, just use that.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]