FORUMS: list search recent posts

Authoring multi-region DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gor baghdas
Authoring multi-region DVD
on Jun 22, 2013 at 9:19:03 am

Hi everyone,

Couldn't find any answer to this surprisingly, thought somebody can give me an advice here on couple of questions.

1. We're authoring a DVD from Pal footage shot on canon dslr-s. The goal is to have a universal dvd that will play everywhere. Is all-region pal dvd ok to be played anywhere, or is it still crucial to have an NTSC version for north america?

2. We have authored an all-region DVD through DVD studio pro, and then gave the master to replication. When I sent the replicated test DVD to a friend in States, he had a "wrong region dvd" message on his player. Is it possible, in theory, for replication company to place a region code limitation when duplicating discs, or it can be done only when authoring the master?

1. Is there any way on mac to find out the region code of the dvd (not the player)? I thought DIsk Utility is supposed to show it, but it doesn't.

Thanks so much in advance.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Authoring multi-region DVD
on Jun 22, 2013 at 6:04:09 pm

Was the DVD NTSC? Only NTSC, open region discs will play worldwide

Region codes can only be applied to DDP images from DVDSP ....just delivery a burned title to a replicator won't do it. The replicator can apply these codes but I'm not sure how you are delivery a master to them?

Return to posts index

gor baghdas
on Jun 23, 2013 at 4:39:51 am

Ok, I finally managed to check the region code, and it is all-region, so no mistake there. I guess the problem is that it's pal.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jun 23, 2013 at 6:37:55 am

Yeah.....PAL won't play In N America :)

Return to posts index

gor baghdas
on Jun 23, 2013 at 7:22:58 am

that's what was surprising to me - as in europe most of the players are multi-system and people sometimes don't even know whether the dvd they played is pal or ntsc, in US it's ntsc-only, I didn't know that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]