FORUMS: list search recent posts

Testing NTSC DVD in PAL Region

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sabrina Su
Testing NTSC DVD in PAL Region
on Jun 8, 2013 at 3:59:04 pm

Hi everybody, I am completely new here and looking to get some much needed help!

I have been involved with a short film and am now looking to send it to festivals in america (I Currently live in the UK). The festivals submissions are required to be NTSC format and region 1 or 0.

My question is, I don't know the best way to test the disc. I am currently trying the disc on a standard dvd player and a PS3 with varying results between each device. What is the best way to test that the DVD is looking good and well for when the DVD is viewed in the USA?

Thanks so much in advance!!! xxx

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Testing NTSC DVD in PAL Region
on Jun 12, 2013 at 9:33:17 pm

Sabrina,
NTSC-DVDs could be played on ALL kind of DVD + BD-players, in europe and the rest of the world.

but it´s no good idea to implement a region-code, especially if it´s burned on DVD+/-R media.

there is a default-info in the lead-in of ALL burning media that says: region code free. this rule is defined by DVD-spec.

IF you set a region-code for this DVD, the ifo-information of the disc and the lead-in-information would missmatch, which could result in strange behaves on different players - in most cases it wont be played, and especially on sony PS3, as it´s very restrictive.

so best result would be to create a NTSC-DVD that has NO region-code.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]