FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD+RW Problems

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Burgess
DVD+RW Problems
on May 31, 2013 at 1:36:10 pm

Someone brought me a DVD+RW that was used to record a video program that was about 1 1/2 to 2 hours in length. Holding the disc in my hand, I can see that something has been recorded on it. But when I put it into a DVD player or into my computer it shows that there's nothing on it. They couldn't get it to work on any of their DVD players or computers either and that's why they brought it to me.

I'm assuming the issue has something to do with it being an RW disc instead of a +R or -R disc. The disc has been tried in the DVD deck in which it was recorded to see if it could be finalized or something but the recorder just says that the disc needs to be formatted and of course formatting would erase anything that's on it.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get the information off the disc? Can I somehow make a copy of it that will work? They are really needing the information that's on the disc.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: DVD+RW Problems
on Jun 14, 2013 at 3:29:02 pm

Jay,
if the disc has been used with a standalone-consumer-recorder it needs to be finalized on that specific recorder, otherwise the session is open and couln´t be used on any other player/machine.

I guess that´s your problem.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Jay Burgess
Re: DVD+RW Problems
on Jun 14, 2013 at 5:31:17 pm

Thanks for the response.

That was my assumption. The disc has been put into the machine that recorded it (a Panasonic VHS/DVD Recorder)but the disc shows up as being blank. I thought that maybe we could put it into that unit and finalize it but it's just showing that the disc is blank. I would assume that it is blank except when I physically look at the disc, I can see somethiing has been recorded on it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]