FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bluray Live Burning/Capturing

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hudson Jacobs
Bluray Live Burning/Capturing
on May 22, 2013 at 5:44:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Needing some help here and hoping this is in the correct thread. I work with a basketball team, and we have the abilty to capture our games in full HD. What is not available is the ability to live burn the game to Bluray. I haven't really jumped into recording to DVD that much other than SD capture from the camera. I've been told that the option I'm looking for isn't even available in the United States (due to people being afraid of copyright issues of HD quality programming). But I thought I'd post on here and see if anyone had any ideas or ways around this so that I can burn a Bluray DVD while capturing the game and have it ready and finalized within minutes after the game is over. Any ideas or suggestions would be a great help - thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Bluray Live Burning/Capturing
on May 29, 2013 at 1:15:51 pm

Just Google "JVC Blu-Ray recorder" and they have several models of stand-alone units. Another option is to use a Matrox MXO2 Mini with Max capture device. This can take a 1080i source straight to H.264 for Blu-ray. The captured file is then ready to drop into Adobe Encore and burn to disc. Not instant, but close.

Does the deliverable HAVE to be Blu-ray? You could use the MXO2, or similar like Black Magic H.264 recorder to capture an H.264 file and then hand that off on a thumb drive or small USB drive. These files could be played on a computer, or use a Media Player such as Western Digital "WD TV Live" for playback from USB device to display via HDMI.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]