FORUMS: list search recent posts

Options for printing pictures on disks

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Miale
Options for printing pictures on disks
on Apr 29, 2013 at 7:29:52 pm

Must pictures on DVD's be printed with inkjets or can laser printers do the job? Please give recommendations of makes and models, and useful tips. We're talking quantities between 12 and 100.

Please recommend persons or companies who provide this service. What should I expect to pay for having pictures printed on 50 or 100 disks.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Options for printing pictures on disks
on Apr 30, 2013 at 4:32:45 pm

Hi Walter,

A Google search will provide many options. I have used inkjet printers from HP and Epson with good results, though the discs need to be manually loaded, so it is tedious work. Hard to find models that print discs anymore, but probably $100-150 range.

There are many companies selling robotic loader/printer combos, starting out with the XLNT Idea Nexus Pro Blackjack at under $1000, and they go up from there in price/quality for higher-volume pro needs.

There are different print methods including inkjet, thermal-transfer, and silk-screen (the latter being for replication, usually high-volume orders only).

There are companies out there that will print without duplicating, but you are buying the blanks from them, and then you burn. I found a place that burns/prints/packages, with full-color print on disc and the DVD case sleeve insert, shrink wrapped, at $1.75 per unit. All automated online ordering that you control. Just upload the graphics and content and place the order at kunaki.com and I've been pleased with the results.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]