FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Buttons No Longer Working

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romina Rey
DVD Buttons No Longer Working
on Apr 21, 2013 at 2:45:55 am

I burned a DVD of my project from DVDSP 4 and everything worked perfect. Except one of the end jumps of my deleted scenes jumped to the wrong place in my Story. So I corrected that and ever since then Most of my buttons don't function once the DVD is burned.

On the inspector everything works fine. However, when I burn the DVD. I have 6 buttons on the main menu and now only 1 and 2 are functioning correctly. The rest don't do anything when selected. The music from the menu just starts over.

I already tried rebuilding the story, the main menu, and the the other Menus that I have including the Deleted Scenes which wasn't being activated by the buttons in the main menu. I have burned 6 copies of the DVD each time trying something different and nothing happens. Only the play movie and scene selection buttons on the main menu function and take you to the proper place in the DVD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am now trying to Build the Video and Audio TS on my desk top and burn it via Toaster to see if that works.

Thanks for your help!
Romina

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
Re: DVD Buttons No Longer Working
on May 17, 2013 at 10:36:11 pm

[Romina Rey] "I am now trying to Build the Video and Audio TS on my desk top and burn it via Toaster to see if that works."

This is the first rule of DVD authoring with DVD Studio Pro. You're on the right track. Don't burn media until you've thoroughly tested the disc with Apple's DVD Player software from the VIDEO_TS folder that DVDSP will build onto your hard drive for you (use command "Build").

I can't tell you what's causing your button issues. I encourage you to carefully go over all your settings (where each button goes). I can't tell from your posts if the buttons when pressed do nothing, or whether you simply can't get to all your buttons. If the latter is true, be sure your buttons are fully & properly programmed to respond to the remote control's arrows, perhaps using that menu at top right of the Preview screen that I, too, often forget to execute (Set Button order Now), or use manual settings, of course.

Finally, DVDSP sometimes just does weird things, and nothing will repair the problem. It is doing so much hard work behind the scenes that occasionally it messes up a bit (1/8 of a byte) and that project will forever have that flaw. There is a good number of posts here and on DVDSP Forum explaining that the only solution to a DVDSP issue was to reauthor the disc (start the project over) from scratch.

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]