FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large uncompressed VHS file to DVD transcoding/burning question.

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Tintor
Large uncompressed VHS file to DVD transcoding/burning question.
on Apr 9, 2013 at 3:17:37 pm

For this project I need to transfer 90 minutes of uncompressed VHS footage onto DVD. I'm trying to achieve the best results possible. I've captured the footage into Premier Pro using the 'component out' of a pro VHS deck (with built in TBC) into a aja analog to SDI converter, and from there, into an aja io express. As you can imagine, the file size is rather large. I'm going to be using Adobe Encore to build the DVD. My question is, should I toss the file into Adobe Media Encoder first or should I send it directly into Encore using dynamic link, and build the dvd from there? Also, what would be the best transcode/bitrate settings to retain as much of the original quality as possible? Thanks

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
Re: Large uncompressed VHS file to DVD transcoding/burning question.
on May 22, 2013 at 4:40:22 am

You should always encode before placing assets into any authoring software. That way, you have control over the bit rate (amount of compression), number of passes, etc.

A second benefit is that when you import m2v and ac3 files instead of mov files, your authoring software can give you a better idea of how large the disc will be.

Christopher Smith

CBN International

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]