FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems Burning Final Cut mov. project to DVD for PC use

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Desiree Baldwin
Problems Burning Final Cut mov. project to DVD for PC use
on Apr 3, 2013 at 4:53:50 pm

Hi,

I created an mov. file of a Final Cut project and it burned fine in iDVD and played on my Mac and a separate DVD player just fine. It will not play sound or proper resolution on a PC. As far as the project goes, the only technical changes that might be effecting it are that I changed the footage to upper field dominance and adjusted the sound from 48kHz to 44.1 kHz to adjust to an MP3 skipping because the music is at 44.1kHz. This didn't effect any of the other sound or the play back when I created the Mac DVD or played it back on the TV set DVD player. Looking for advice on how to burn this project to a DVD that works for everything! Of course, my boss is asking for it ASAP. Thank you!

DeSiree'

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Problems Burning Final Cut mov. project to DVD for PC use
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:32:38 pm

If your DVD plays on a hardware DVD player, then you have achieved a correctly authored and burned DVD-R disc. If you have issues playing your DVD on a PC, then I would look at the applications being used to play the DVD on the PC.

Windows Media Player is a poor excuse for DVD player software. You may have better luck using VLC player or a software DVD player from Roxio.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]