FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about 5.1 button on Menu DVDSP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Schmitz
Question about 5.1 button on Menu DVDSP
on Mar 12, 2013 at 9:20:07 pm

I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to create a button that will select which audio stream will play when the track plays.

For instance, I have just a single movie with the 2 streams, do I have to have 2 separate buttons, one for the 5.1 and one for the Stereo? Or is it possible to author it so a button will pre-select which stream will be played when the feature is selected? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm authoring in DVDSP.

In the past this wasn't an issue, this client is requesting this feature so I need to know if it's an option or not. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Question about 5.1 button on Menu DVDSP
on Mar 13, 2013 at 7:53:19 pm

Not sure I get you....you have to have 2 buttons so the user will know they have a choice between 5.1 and 2.0

Return to posts index

Mike Schmitz
on Mar 13, 2013 at 8:21:34 pm

I mean for instance to have a button that selects the audio stream without going directly to the video. For instance instead of having 2 buttons that say "Play Movie 5.1" and "Play Movie Stereo" I could have pne "Play Movie" button and say 2 audio buttons (5.1 and stereo), having the audio selected before the movie is selected. Seems like this isn't doable, I just figured I would ask the experts just in case. I'm still relatively new to authoring having done primarily editing the past 8 years.

I'm bad at explaining things through text and I apologize if this makes no sense.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 14, 2013 at 2:38:47 am

Yeah....thats very doable and the way its supposed to be done :)

You would design 3 buttons

1. 5.1
2. 2.0
3. Play Movie

You would target audio buttons to the "Play Movie" button and set the audio in the Button Inspector.

So when the using selects 5.1 for example, it then highlights the play movie while making sure the 5.1 track is set to play. this way you are giving the use feedback on what they have chosen.

It gets more advanced but you can even set up scripts to highlight an audio button based on what the current audio set up is.

here's a tutorial....easy stuff

http://www.geniusdv.com/news_and_tutorials/2010/02/creating_multi_language_...

Return to posts index

Mike Schmitz
on Mar 14, 2013 at 3:25:07 pm

Very helpful! Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]