FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to send Master DVD files?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brannon Carty
How to send Master DVD files?
on Jan 25, 2013 at 9:47:41 pm

Hi,

I'm about to send off a DVD to be replicated at a company. I talked to them on the phone and they said since I was making DVD-9 discs that I should send in the master files burnt onto a DVD. He also said to make sure that the Master was playable in a DVD player..

Last time I checked, you can't play master files in a DVD player..? or am I wrong? Anybody know what I should do? I'm a bit lost. Couldn't I technically just burn the Video_TS folder to a DVD and send it to them for replication? Or is that only for duplication?

BTW, I'm using DVD Architect Pro 5.0.
Thanks,
Brannon

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: How to send Master DVD files?
on Jan 25, 2013 at 10:36:50 pm

Hi Brannon,

Most DVD duplication/replication companies will now accept a DVD-R as a master. Verify with them if that is what they are looking for - a finished playbable DVD.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Brannon Carty
on Jan 26, 2013 at 2:35:27 am

I mastered out of DVD Architect, and now have a LAYER_0 and LAYER_1 file. Could I just send these out on two single layer data discs since I don't have a DDP tape/machine to output these to?

All they've told me is that it can be on DVD+R DL master files and that it has to work on a DVD player, but I can't burn those folders.. and they said they didn't want a Video_TS folder, so I don't get what they're talking about.

The company is called EasyDisc, anyone ever used them before?

Return to posts index

Andreas Gumm
on Jan 26, 2013 at 2:53:34 am

You have created a DDP image which is intended for replication plants & not for burning. Since double layer discs for burning having issues sometimes (read errors) I recommend you burn each folder on a DVD5 disc, name the disc correct with layer number & send the set to the replication plant. Every professional replication plant can deal with it.

Since 2 years we never send discs to the plant, we always upload our files vie FTP. Ask the replication company if you have a fast connection to the web. May it works for you?

Andreas

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jan 26, 2013 at 5:09:12 am

Better yet....send both folders on a pen drive

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jan 26, 2013 at 5:46:24 pm

Eric,
could you please get in touch with me via email or skype. I´m sure you still have my private email, but here´s another one in case you wont have it anymore: info (äät) moviedesign.de

here´s my skype-nick: dannyoman

I only have an old email-address from you, that appears no longer to be used.

I have an urgent question that you might be able to answer.

thx a lot.

danny

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jan 26, 2013 at 6:16:47 pm

Hey Dan. Hold on

Return to posts index

Jv White
on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:41:51 am

I still prefer to use weprintdiscs.com