FORUMS: list search recent posts

A little VTS mystery I am hoping a creative cow can solve

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Joner
A little VTS mystery I am hoping a creative cow can solve
on Jan 23, 2013 at 8:40:49 pm

I somehow burned a DVD as an HD DVD instead of a standard DVD and lost all the components a few days later. I spent all day yesterday finding out how to demux the HD DVD (which I finally did using HDDVD Demuxer in bootcamp) and created a folder with the following files in it: "AudioList.xml"; a "VMG" folder containing an empty "menu" folder; and three "VTS" folders (VTS_001, 002 and 003 respectively) that contain the three film components on the DVD separated into "menu" and "titles" folders holding the .wav and .m2v files.

I have spent hours searching the web for instructions on how to get these files back onto a DVD. There is plenty of info about burning VIDEO_TS and BUP files but nothing I could find to help convert the files I have back into a VIDEO_TS file to burn.

I realize it's probably something so obvious that only an idiot like me could overlook it but there it is and any help would be moooo-uch appreciated.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: A little VTS mystery I am hoping a creative cow can solve
on Jan 24, 2013 at 5:07:08 am

Where are the original files? The master project? Best thing to do is start over.

Im confused since HD DVDs dont contain VOB files or VTS

Return to posts index

Kyle Joner
on Jan 24, 2013 at 7:54:05 pm

The original files (along with the master project) were on a stolen computer and are gone.

Yes, HD DVD does not contain VOB files but I was able to demux the files from a burned HD DVD disc using HDDVD Demuxer in Windows. So I have all the files but they are now VTS files and need to be converted into VIDEO_VT, VOB and BUP files to burn onto a DVD.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jan 24, 2013 at 10:43:53 pm

That's weird....doesn't Demuxer just give you the original m2v files? And audio?

Try opening the VTS FILES with Streamclip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]