FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD & BD in Encore

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curtis Nichols
DVD & BD in Encore
on Dec 7, 2012 at 11:18:29 pm

I'm using Encore for DVD authoring. The client may want both DVD and BluRay. Encore makes it look easy to make both from a single project. Author the BluRay, burn an image; then switch it to DVD and burn that image.

I plan on using Sorenson to transcode my video to h.264 program for the BluRay. Can I use the HD h.264 program files created for the BluRay to make the DVD? Is that an advisable method?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: DVD & BD in Encore
on Dec 8, 2012 at 2:04:49 pm

DVD can only contain MPEG-2 encoded files, so if you use the current H.264 files for a DVD project Encore will just transcode them to MPEG-2. You can just transcode them to MPEG-2 files at the same time in Squeeze - it had a selection of DVD presets.

-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Dec 21, 2012 at 9:45:33 am

HI Curtis
I have a similar workflow to yourself, but have found (irritatingly) that i need to make bd compliant files in Sorenson AND dvd compliant files too.
Id really like to just make the sor sq BD files, put them into Encore, make a BD Iso and then switch to DVD , but i find that no matter what i do transcode settings wise, I always get a message saying its too big for DVD (which at 5.7 gb it is)
Ive played with transcode settings but havent found the holy grail yet to open it up.
I do find that using the filter in sor sq eliminates with field judddering to?

so i author the BD session with file from sor sq, make it all good with button etc, then copy the project and replace the fotage for the DVD file from sq.
If you know a better way do tell.
peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Abbot Bass
on Jan 9, 2013 at 7:08:23 am

If you just want to watch Blu-ray or DVD you can choose Easy DVD Player as a video player. It can play both DVD and Blu-ray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]