FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recovering DVD content - the disc plays, but no files

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Odil Ruzaliev
Recovering DVD content - the disc plays, but no files
on Dec 2, 2012 at 5:04:34 am

I have an old DVD with my wedding video on it. It plays ok, but when I try to make a copy, it fails. I also tried to copy VOB files. It does copy them, but what I get are only some of the videos, not all that a DVD player plays. Either there are more hidden VOB files or somehow not all the content is being copied onto a computer.

I have 2 ideas, but haven't tried them yet, let me know if they work or if you have other solutions.

1) Get a DVD recorder. Play the DVD with another player and record the content being played on TV with the DVD recorder

2) Play the DVD with RealPlayer and simultaneously record this video with RealPlayer.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Recovering DVD content - the disc plays, but no files
on Dec 2, 2012 at 11:30:29 am

The way most film makers copy DVD's is to use the software Titanium Toast. Open the application, put the DVD in the computer drawer and click on copy. You are asked to close the drawer and the file is extracted. Then you are asked for a blank disc, put it in and it is burnt. Never had one fail yet.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Abbot Bass
on Jan 9, 2013 at 7:39:38 am

You can try to use Easy DVD Player to play your formats, it can play almost all the video formats on your windows system.

Return to posts index

Alex Vak
on Feb 11, 2013 at 4:12:35 pm

Try IsoBuster. It has a very interesting feature: assuming you have a faulty disc, you can start reading/extracting it in a DVD-drive, and when that drive becomes unable to read further, you can resume the operation in another drive. Some drives are more capable of correcting/reading through errors than others.

Also, it could be that your disc has some form of copy protection. You should also try it with AnyDVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]