FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple DVD Packaging

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric dole
Simple DVD Packaging
on Nov 26, 2012 at 9:00:50 pm

Here's my issue. I want to burn 80 DVD copies or so of a piece that I produced to give away. Now, I have in the past gone through the "pro" route with a 1000 copies replicated with the box, the artwork , the works.
I don't want to go that route this time. I want to keep it simple, economical and still retain somewhat of a professional look, even if minimal.
What are my options?
A friend suggested that I buy a stamp and stamp these 80 white DVDs with the Title, Productions Co et cetera.
That actually does not sound like a bad idea except that someone pointed out that a regular ink stamp is going to be water soluble and could potentially make a mess.

So, the question is, any tips on putting together a short run of DVDs that look somewhat professional without going the full-on route?

Thanks
ed

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: Simple DVD Packaging
on Nov 26, 2012 at 9:34:02 pm

As far as on-disc labeling, many inkjet printers have an option to print directly on a disc, albeit one at a time, but for 80 that wouldn't be so bad. However, this will also be generally water soluble, unless you use a disc that is specifically resistant, such as JVC's Watershield brand.

We use Primera's Bravo 4100 disc printer, with fantastic quality. I've also printed discs, with my Epson Artisan 837 with equally good quality, albeit very slowly.

-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

eric dole
on Nov 27, 2012 at 12:07:33 am

Thanks Steve. I forgot that DIY printers is also a way to deal with this.

ed

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
on Nov 26, 2012 at 10:18:37 pm

Hi Ed,

My company offers DVD duplication with full color, thermal printing directly on the surface of the disc. It's a glossy, water proof and smudge proof print that's similar to a semi-glossy magazine page. We can do 1 or 80 and turn them around in a day or two. Feel free to email me or check out our website for pricing.

matt (at) mstproductions .com or http://www.mstproductions.com

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Nov 26, 2012 at 10:26:35 pm

Hi Ed,

My DVD duplicator recently quit on me and then I got a PO from a repeat customer for a batch of their DVDs. I remembered reading about a fulfillment outfit and looked them up and ended up just using them. I was able to upload the DVD and artwork files and within a few days they shipped them out, very simple process! They even sent me a free proof disc on request.

Check out "kunaki" online

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:02:51 pm

Eric, I use software on my Mac called Print CD. It's brilliant, I can produce really good looking artwork in minutes, complete with the DVD or Blu-Ray motive and a still from the film. I then print Verbatim Printable DVD-R discs in my Epson Stylus Photo P50 printer. The results look good. It does take a bit of time to print each disc (about two minutes) so 80 would take time but the only expense is the printing ink. The disc surface is a matt white by the way.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

eric dole
on Dec 5, 2012 at 12:21:20 am

Thanks Michael, that sounds like the solution. Will go that route.

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]