FORUMS: list search recent posts

burning Blu Ray with Toast Titanium

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
burning Blu Ray with Toast Titanium
on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:11:59 pm

Loved the image quality of a Blu Ray DVD I burned recently with Toast Titanium but I would like to use my own Photoshop created menus. Is that possible?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: burning Blu Ray with Toast Titanium
on Nov 21, 2012 at 10:54:35 am

the short answer is no - toast could only use its own template-menus. the only way it might be possible to use your own kind of menu - you need to duplicate one of the toast-menus, and start to create your own out of it but you need to keep the layer-names.

you´ll find them here:

system library>application support>roxio>toast menu styles

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Nov 21, 2012 at 1:53:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. I looked in the Roxio folder as you suggested but only found the item Roxio Restore. Any idea where else the menus could be located?

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Nov 21, 2012 at 7:55:16 pm

The Toast menus are in your SYSTEM library, not your HOME library.

However, I disagree (respectfully) with Danny. Whenever I make a Blu-ray disc with Toast I always use my own Photoshop created menu pages - but, they're not at all interactive. By that I mean, there's no scene selection, no displaying additional menus, etc. - just your custom graphic that displays until you press 'play' on your remote and appears when you press 'menu'. I don't have any kind of computer Blu-ray player so I can't say anything about mouse navigation.

The process: after you have dragged your movie file into the main Toast window (for Blu-ray Video) select the 'Edit' button which opens another window that includes a player. Unless you want to change your start and end times, don't change anything in the player section. To the right of that is where you can edit the Text, Chapters, and audio filters - we're concerned only with the 'Text' (unless you want to change the others of course). With the 'Text' button selected there are three panels that are filled in by default with info from your movie file - file name, creation date, and length. This is text that will show up automatically on your finished menu page in a default font and placement. Unless you want that, get rid of them by highlighting the text in each panel and deleting it - or, you could put in whatever info you may want to display, but it will be in the default font and placement (you can change the color - we'll get to that later). When you've deleted (or customized) the text, click OK. Back in the main window, select the 'Options' button (upper right corner), select the 'Splash' menu in the 'Menu Style' drop down list, then click on 'Customize'. Another window opens showing the menu image and some other selection options. Drag (or select) the menu image you created in Photoshop (1920 x 1080). The 'Menu Title' defaults to 'My Movie' - delete that. Click on the little magnifying glass just below the menu image and (guess what) the image magnifies. Even though you've deleted the default text, 'My Movie' will probably still show up (in two separate places) on the image but don't worry... it won't (shouldn't) be there when it's all said and done. In fact, the lower placed 'My Movie' can be helpful when establishing the Button Highlight Color. Each of the Toast Menu Styles has a default button style. The reason I use the 'Splash' menu is because its default button is a simple dot (•). You can't eliminate the button - you always have to have at least one - but you can change the color. Unless you want the button to stand out, and depending on how picky you are, this next step can be quite time consuming because it means you have to actually burn a disc to see the results. When the 'Number of Buttons' is set to one, that button is located in its default position immediately to the left of the lower 'My Movie' text. In order for the button to disappear or blend in with the custom menu graphic, it requires the Button Highlight Color to be the same as where it will appear on the menu. Clicking on the Button Highlight Color selection box will open the color selection window. Use the magnifying glass to select the color in the area just left of the 'My Movie' text. As I said, the only way to actually see the result is to burn a disc and play it. I always burn to a re-writable disc for this reason before making my final discs.

That's the basic process... and if you want a more interactive custom menu, experiment using the other Toast menus with their default buttons as a guide to creating your own in Photoshop as Danny suggested.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Nov 22, 2012 at 10:26:57 am

gary,
I know you can edit menu-screens within toast - but if you will customse them completly, you be out!

it´s good you´ve shown the way how to do - I normally work with scanrist or other prof. BD-authoring-applications, so I didn´t know in detail how to work with toast. menu-creation will be done with photoshop. normally I only use it for burning allready authored DVDs or BDs.

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]