FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray woes - Trouble with BlueStreak burning a disc that doesn't work.

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Alexander
Blu-Ray woes - Trouble with BlueStreak burning a disc that doesn't work.
on Nov 19, 2012 at 4:31:10 pm

Hello!

I'm new to the forum. I always seemed to end up here when looking for answers, so I decided to join. I didn't see a separate BLu-Ray Authoring forum, so I hope this is the right place.

I'm currently working on a Blu-Ray project for my company. I authored the Blu-Ray on Adobe Encore CS6 and am working with another company to prepare the Blu-Ray for replication using BlueStreak.

After authoring, checking, and previewing the project., I exported a Blu-Ray folder. This folder plays just fine on Mac Blu-Ray Player and in BlueStreak. Subtitles, menus, tracks, etc all function great.

However, after we've taken the BDMV and made a BDCMF in BlueStreak, we used BlueStreak to burn a Blu-Ray disc to test the new BDCMF.

For whatever reason, the disc doesn't play. It says "no content" and simply won't start. Looking on the back of the disc, it's clear that it burned the project. We also tried it on a PS3 with the same results.

Any ideas what is going wrong? I'm inclined to think that something in BlueStreak is causing the problem. The BDMV from Encore and the BDCMF seem to preview correctly, but something about the burning process torpedoes the entire project.

Any help anyone can provide will be very much appreciated. The company I'm working with has as little idea about how to fix this as I do.

Cheers,
Benjamin

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Blu-Ray woes - Trouble with BlueStreak burning a disc that doesn't work.
on Nov 19, 2012 at 6:29:19 pm

Larry is one you need to be talking with. He's the guy who wrote the tool at Rivergate Software and often roams these threads.

You need to be super careful when using Encore to go to replication.....it has tons of issues. I wouldn't call on anyone but Larry in this situation as you have found out

Personally I believe you should leave a replicated project to a company which does BD specifically. There are too many pitfalls and it will get expensive if things go wrong. Just my opinion....BD production is not DVD....not even close :)

Rest assured though.... Call on Larry and he will work it out

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]