FORUMS: list search recent posts

Symmetrical grid like black dots on screen.

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Yates
Symmetrical grid like black dots on screen.
on Nov 19, 2012 at 4:23:54 pm

Hi.

I have just received a sample dvd back from my supplier and when I play the dvd back on my Samsung LED TV, I get symmetrical black dots on the screen almost forming a grid?

I used Adobe Encore to create the dvd and I sent them an ISO/DDP Image on a disc to make a glass master.

Could anyone tell me why this would happen.

Thanks in advance.

PS, it does not occur when I play back on my MAC

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Symmetrical grid like black dots on screen.
on Nov 19, 2012 at 6:40:06 pm

Have you tried another player and monitor to rule out issues with those?

Return to posts index

Roger Yates
Re: Symmetrical grid like black dots on screen.
on Nov 20, 2012 at 9:08:13 am

Yeah, I've played it on a plasma (not nearly as noticeable), an LCD monitor (could not notice it at all), a HD projector (very, very slight) and a LED 55" screen. It was most noticeable on the LED 55" screen.

I was pondering over it all last night and I have a theory that it could have to do with aspect ratio and that when outputting the DVD from Encore, the compression is putting the pixels there to make up for a lack of pixels as it upscales to fit the aspect ratio.

My original video file was shot in 1080p/25fps and it was output as a m2v file into Encore and then I created an ISO/ DDP Image (DVD - mpeg 2 PAL) which went to the replication house.

I must also say that this is my first project I have sent out for a DVD to be created as most of the work I do is web based, so if anyone can suggest a better workflow/ codecs etc to use, then please let me know.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]