FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to export ADOBE video and menu for use in Cyberlink PowerDVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Rice
How to export ADOBE video and menu for use in Cyberlink PowerDVD
on Nov 13, 2012 at 3:39:54 pm

Hello Fellow video lovers!
Usually something like this doesn't stump me, but I am in it good this time. I recently started editing wedding videos for a local photographer. My entire workflow consists of Adobe, from PPro, AE, to Encore. The photographer is using Cyberlink PowerDVD for his dvd authoring. The previous editor would give the photographer the finished videos in TS Video and TS Audio folders for SD and BDMV folder for the finished HD cut. I have never heard of or used TS folders? Also my biggest concern are the menu's. The menus for the videos are somehow saved in these folders and are ready for PowerDVD. The Photographer says that all he has to do is import these folders into PowerDVD and hit burn. The videos and menus are already built and functional??? I have no idea how to do this? I use a mac also if that makes a difference and PowerDVD is a PC program. Thank you everybody for any and all help.

Cheers,
Nathan

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: How to export ADOBE video and menu for use in Cyberlink PowerDVD
on Nov 13, 2012 at 4:09:24 pm

If all he has been doing in the past is getting the VIDEO TS and AUDIO TS folders, then someone has been doing the complete authoring of the DVD for him and all he is doing is burning the actual disc. So what he's asking you to do is to author the complete DVD. That means making menus - normally done in Photoshop and saved out in a format that Adobe Encore can import - or using the templates within Encore. Then laying out all the navigation, converting the audio and video files for DVD, etc. So it's not just as simple as telling you how to give him a menu. You need to learn how to use Encore to author a DVD if you want to work with this guy.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Nathan Rice
on Nov 13, 2012 at 4:20:57 pm

Hello Rob,
Thank you for the quick response. I have been using Encore for a while, I have no problem building menus etc. What I really need to know is how to export from Encore so he can use it in his program. He is using Cyberlink PowerDVD. Is there a way to export out of Encore to TS folders and BDMV folders?

Thanks,
Nathan

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Nov 13, 2012 at 6:08:53 pm

Hi Nathan,

Rob is correct - put ANY DVD in your PC and rather than play it, open the drive and you will see that the contents of the DVD is a VIDEO_TS folder.

From Encore, when you go to BUILD screen, change "DVD" to "FOLDER" in the drop down menu, and this will simply create the "VIDEO_TS" folder on your hard drive at the location you specify. There is also an "IMAGE" option, which creates an .iso file, burnable with most disc burning apps. Actually, no reason you can't hand the guy a burned DVD and he can make copies of it, exact same thing in the end!!!

For Blu-ray, may be the same scenario, with BUILD going to FOLDER rather than the Blu-ray disc burn, not sure, not in front of PC at this moment

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Nathan Rice
on Nov 13, 2012 at 6:17:24 pm

Hello Ron & Jeff,
Thank you both for your input. I was able to put both suggestions together and find my solution. You guys are awesome. Have a great day!

God Bless,
Nathan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]