FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTSC DVD to PAL

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Oakley
NTSC DVD to PAL
on Oct 30, 2012 at 12:52:58 pm

I am new to working in Encore. Is there a way to make a PAL dvd project file from and NTSC project. We marktet to both US and Europe and I already have created a NTSC dvd. I don't want to have to start over from scratch. It would be nice to be able to do a SAVE AS and click the PAL button in the project settings but not possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kim in Tulsa

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: NTSC DVD to PAL
on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:49:30 pm

Kim,
NTSC DVDs could be played in PAL-player, but the other way round is not possible.

so you´re fine with your NTSC-DVD for worldwide distribution.

or did your customer/distributor request a PAL DVD?

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Kim Oakley
on Oct 31, 2012 at 6:00:40 pm

Daniel,
The company I work for is accustomed to providing PAL DVD's to their customers. Do I need to educate myself and them on what is compatible? I just would not want unhappy people who would not be able to play a NTSC DVD. Have DVD players become more international friendly? Can NTSC players we buy here in US play PAL and we just don't know it? I am not up with this sort of thing. Any info would be helpful regarding players abroad and here in US.
Thanks,
Kim

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 31, 2012 at 9:19:22 pm

hi kim,
as I´ve written before. it´s quite easy - you don´t need to think about PAL-DVDs as pal-player could easily read/play NTSC-DVDs, and I am living in PAL-country (germany)

it´s a common workflow to create NTSC-DVDs for the int. distribution so all regions could playback the DVD.

if you are comming from PAL, it´s more complicated, as you need to convert to NTSC for int. distribution.

it makes no real sence for you to cross-convert to PAL, as NTSC is 720x480 and PAL is 720x576, so you need to to do a small upscale besides the 29.98 to 25fps-crossconversion.

just my 2 ct (euro) ;)

danny

Return to posts index

Kim Oakley
on Nov 2, 2012 at 1:19:15 pm

Danny,
Thank alot for taking the time to respond. Appreciate the answer. :)
Kim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]