FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu Ray synch problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Wolfe
Blu Ray synch problem
on Oct 10, 2012 at 3:01:48 am

I am trying to burn a blu ray of my 53 minute project and the audio is falling way out of synch. It is getting steadily worse.

I am working with a MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo with 4 gig RAM using OS 10.5.8, Final Cut 6 and Toast 10. I am using a Lacie (Pioneer) 12x burner. I know this is not exactly state of the art, but stick with me.

I am coming from an apple Pro Res project at 23.98 FPS. I have output via compressor to Apple Pro Res Progressive 24fps versions, essentially changing nothing but making the project self contained. I also tried Quicktime, using all current settings and making it self contained. I tried changed the sampling frequency to 24 but this should have no effect. I also tried Apple PRo Res (HQ). The audio is ahead by at least a second and, in the last case of HQ, it is now almost 10 seconds off!

The files are all spot on prior to burning. I have also tried short tests using the same compression settings, and the synch is perfect. The synch is drifting with the larger files. The processing takes about 20 hours to complete. Any suggestions? One thing I did was upgrade my firmware on the burner, but this has not helped. I can upgrade to Toast 11 but not sure this is going to solve the problem. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Alex Wolfe

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Blu Ray synch problem
on Oct 14, 2012 at 5:31:46 pm

[Alex Wolfe] "I am coming from an apple Pro Res project at 23.98 FPS. I have output via compressor to Apple Pro Res Progressive 24fps versions"

hi alex,
hereĀ“s your first real issue - if you are working with 23.98fps video you should export 23.98 from FCP - why using compressor for the export?

export as self-contained quicktime-movie (cmd-e) and there you are. take this one and put it into toast and let it do the encoding-job for you.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]