FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to play AVCHD files directly on a TV via an SDHC card?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vic Noseworthy
Is there a way to play AVCHD files directly on a TV via an SDHC card?
on Sep 27, 2012 at 9:22:24 am

Hi folks,
I'm not sure I'm in the correct forum, but I couldn't see anywhere else to ask this question. I'm wondering whether or not I can output my final production onto an SDHC card in AVCHD format and then plug this card directly into a television so as to play the movie. I'm asking this because, though I've been looking for a television set that will allow me to do this, it seems there are none available (or, at least, they are hard to find!). It seems ludicrous to me that I must burn a movie to mpeg-2 onto a DVD and use a machine (with moving parts!!!) to play a movie. I mean, my camera has no moving parts, so why can't I readily purchase a TV set that will allow me to play my finished production without having to go to DVD or Blu-Ray?
Anyone have any thoughts/info on this?
Ultimately, I'm wondering about the future, and what direction distribution of wedding videos will take. Right now, the only real way to get the finished production to customers is via DVD or Blu-Ray. Why aren't TVs routinely built to take SDHC cards, thereby allowing me to distribute the finished production to my customers on one of these cards? It'd be a heck of a lot easier than burning DVDs!
As I said, it seems crazy that we are still using DVDs/Blu-Ray Disks.
I would love to learn more. Or, am I missing something?
Thanks very much!
Vic

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Is there a way to play AVCHD files directly on a TV via an SDHC card?
on Sep 27, 2012 at 12:03:56 pm

The future will definitely be playack from smart phones or iPads directly to your tv. This is already possible but to where its commonplace is years away.

People know physical media and most aren't familiar with technology at all so disc based distribution will be around many years.

There are outboard 'players' like the Western Digital which plays just about any file there is over an HDMI

You'll have to give what your clients wants ....and right now that's DVD and BD. If a client requesst another form, you need to deliver

Offer several options like download links or digital copy

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Is there a way to play AVCHD files directly on a TV via an SDHC card?
on Sep 29, 2012 at 5:07:26 pm

as far as I know - panasonic-flat-screens are able to play AVCHD onscreen straight away - but this is not 100%

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]