FORUMS: list search recent posts

fullscreen 1080i on an HD TV

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jane Lurie
fullscreen 1080i on an HD TV
on Sep 26, 2012 at 4:21:54 am

I need to make a continuously looped DVD for Trade Show. The FCP project is 1920 x 1080.

How do I make a DVD that will show fullscreen 1080i on an HD TV with DVD Studio Pro 4? I tried making an HD DVD, which I authored on to a Taiyo Yuden DVD. My DVD player said it was incompatible media.

I was just guessing on settings to begin with. Can anybody help me? I need to do this in the next two days.

Thanks, Jane

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: fullscreen 1080i on an HD TV
on Sep 26, 2012 at 11:14:16 am

jane,
you need to create a Blu-ray Disc. HD DVD is a dead format that has been dieing years ago.

if you need to create a simple BD, you could do this using compressor, or toast with the HD-extention and of course a BD-burner and media.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Jane Lurie
on Sep 26, 2012 at 1:31:12 pm

Thanks Danny. I was somehow hoping that HD DVD wasn't that old format but just a form of HD video that could go on an SD DVD.

I can't author bd's. The client will have to live with a DVD. Do you think a 16:9 letterbox is the best version? I also realized that I should have posted this on the Apple DVD Studio Pro board, but I don't know how to transfer it or if I can.

Jane

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Sep 26, 2012 at 1:55:02 pm

to create a very simple BD isnĀ“t difficult if you are using roxio toast. other option, if you need some more programming it could be done with adobe encore.

16:9 (letterboxed) is the right way to go, but I would advice to encode your assets prior authoring your DVD with DVD studio.

you can do it easiely with compressor.

but DVDs wont look as good as BD on big flat-screens.

hope this helps.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Sep 26, 2012 at 5:00:40 pm

Jane,

If you can find an HD-DVD player, it will play the HD-DVD you made in full 1080i HD. We have a number of clients who exhibit at trade shows who bought HD-DVD players before they were discontinued.

Sorry, but you can't borrow my HD-DVD player.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Jane Lurie
on Sep 26, 2012 at 9:15:58 pm

Thanks Bill. I'll stick with 16:9 DVD. Say hi to my hometown.

Jane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]