FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eve Ma
DVD Studio Pro problem
on Sep 25, 2012 at 4:59:18 am

I have both DVD Studio Pro 4 and DVD Studio Pro 5. Im both, I get a lot of problems when I change from SD NTSC projects to HD PAL projects...no problem in creating the projects but when it comes to burning them. I think the difficulty is in the Build phase. For example, when I do an HD PAL project then want to do a SD NTSC project, the program doesn´t seem to want to change out of HD and give up the HD project. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD Studio Pro problem
on Sep 25, 2012 at 5:56:23 pm

A lot of confusion here. There is no DVDSP 5. You cannot simply change a NTSC progrect to PAL. If you need your project to be PAL (there are tons of post stating you are problem fine with keeping it NTSC) you must convert all the assets to PAL before authoring. HD DVD is a dead format nothing but a MAC can play back the disc.

Yes if you change a progrect to HD DVD there is no going back. If fact a warning comes up telling you this when you change an SD project to HD.

Once again you cannot do standards conversion within any authoring system.

Return to posts index

Eve Ma
on Sep 28, 2012 at 2:32:11 am

Ok, I have DVD Studio Pro 4 and the version of DVD Studio Pro that comes with the FinalCut Pro Suite 7. I THOUGHT that was DVD Studio Pro 5, but am obviously incorrect.

However, my program was shot in HD PAL. I´m not talking about converting it. Secondly, DVD Studio Pro 4 has an option to allow you to burn a DVD in HD PAL. Maybe they are kidding us, but it´s there, and I have burned DVDs using it. I have also taken .mov files made from HD PAL projects and burned them to disc calling them (for the purposes of DVD Studio Pro 4) SD NTSC.

My real problem is that the .mov file I´ve made with my hour-long program shot in HD PAL is 50 GBs. Obviously, I need a different pre-set or something. I found one pre-set that would give me a file that was only 10-11 GBs, but that´s still too big for a DVD. Can you suggest a pre-set (working from FinalCut Pro 7)?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eve Ma
on Sep 28, 2012 at 2:34:28 am

Oh, and the DVDs I´ve created in DVD Studio Pro 4 as HD DVD PAL (working from files that are HD PAL) have played fine in my DVD player.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]