FORUMS: list search recent posts

Double (not Dual Layered) Sided DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norm Hadad
Double (not Dual Layered) Sided DVD
on Sep 14, 2012 at 6:45:51 pm

I want to know if it is possible to put a video on one side of a DS DVD and some .PDF files on the other. Any suggestions would be great. I have a video I want to be able to play in a DVD player and computer but I also want to have these .PDF files available for download & print on the disk.

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
Re: Double (not Dual Layered) Sided DVD
on Sep 16, 2012 at 6:21:59 am

You can certainly put PDF files on one side of a DVD10 (that's the double-sided type).. they do seem to exist.

Of course, you could also put those PDF files on the same side as the video. Keep in mind that, unlike CD, DVD is just DVD. Every DVD is a "data" DVD, it's just that a DVD-Video disc has certain files in certain places, to make it easy for a dedicated set top box to figure out. An extra directory full of PDF files (or anything else) doesn't cause a problem.

-Dave

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Double (not Dual Layered) Sided DVD
on Sep 18, 2012 at 12:20:48 am

Read your manual about DVD-ROM content- this can be done on a single sided DVD. I.e. DVD playable content and computer content can and do reside next to each other in different folders. As The Joker once said, "it's all part of the plan..."

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]