FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why do I lose quality in my menu when I use the loop feature in DVD Studio Pro?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Mathews
Why do I lose quality in my menu when I use the loop feature in DVD Studio Pro?
on Aug 24, 2012 at 3:26:20 am

I am making a DVD, in DVD Studio Pro, of a project I have edited and I had major issues with my menu screen losing quality formt he initaial still image; the edges where jagged and looked fuzzy.

I imported it as a still image as well as a movie file and still it looked terrible. I didn't realise that it was set to loop and so the way I resolved this was by stopping it from looping. Then the menu looked fine.

However, I now need to add music to the menu screen, which means I have to again allow it to loop. Thus the degraded image is back and I can not find a solution for it.

Any ideas?

I greatly apreciate any help

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Why do I lose quality in my menu when I use the loop feature in DVD Studio Pro?
on Aug 24, 2012 at 3:25:04 pm

mark,
you need to create a video from your screenshot using FCP and add your selected menu-audio.

graphics are allways WAY to sharp and saturated for SD-TV and on a 50" flatsreen it will get even worth.

you need to blur it a bit.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Mark Mathews
Re: Why do I lose quality in my menu when I use the loop feature in DVD Studio Pro?
on Aug 25, 2012 at 12:28:55 am

Hey Danny, thanks for replying.

I have already made a movie file from FCP and that still doesn't seem to work?

Here's what I'm dealing with: The image is a still made in Photoshop. I have exported it as TIFF, JPEG,TARGA and PNG and tried all these in DVDSP. None of them worked.

I then tried importing it into FCP, exporting it as a movie sequence (with the music on it) and again it still has degraded quality? I'm totally confused...

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Aug 25, 2012 at 2:41:55 am

This is most likely a player issue. Since you are looking at an interlace signal half your field disappear on the loop. Its annoying I know....ive seen it myself. Have you tried another player?

Return to posts index

Mark Mathews
on Aug 26, 2012 at 11:31:03 pm

Yeah, I've tried it in other players and don't think that is the issue. When it is in DVDSP you see the difference happen when I simulate the DVD. If it is on loop then the picture loses quality and if it isn't it looks fine?

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Aug 28, 2012 at 4:22:57 pm

[Mark Mathews] "Here's what I'm dealing with: The image is a still made in Photoshop. I have exported it as TIFF, JPEG,TARGA and PNG and tried all these in DVDSP. None of them worked."

Did you make the image 720 x 480 in Photoshop? DVDSP doesn't scale very well.

HTH

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]