FORUMS: list search recent posts

Authoring a final SD DVD with both SD and HD video source files? | DVD Studio Pro V4

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Money Mahoney
Authoring a final SD DVD with both SD and HD video source files? | DVD Studio Pro V4
on Aug 22, 2012 at 7:32:17 pm

Hello:

I'm experience with shooting/editing/compression etc. with FCP, Apple Compressor, etc., but very new with DVD Studio Pro - very frustrating!

My question: I authored an HD DVD using both SD and HD videos with a menu format; all the videos play fine in the "simulate" preview mode AND... the DVD plays exactly like it's supposed to on my 2010 Macbook Pro.

PROBLEM: I tried watching the DVD in a DVD player and... ERROR MESSAGE.

And so... I'm hearing HD DVD is a "dead" format, Blu Ray won the war... and Apple DVD Studio Pro does NOT support Blu Ray (is that right?)

MY QUESTION: Is there a way to simply change the "preferences" tab on my DVD Studio project to SD, and all the files will then be rendered to a DVD that is playable on any fairly modern DVD player?

Thank you

M

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Authoring a final SD DVD with both SD and HD video source files? | DVD Studio Pro V4
on Aug 22, 2012 at 9:40:06 pm

Unfortunately not....you need to start a new project from scratch

Return to posts index

Money Mahoney
Re: Authoring a final SD DVD with both SD and HD video source files? | DVD Studio Pro V4
on Aug 22, 2012 at 9:42:49 pm

Details please: Re-compress/re-format the original video source files first and THEN re-create the menu in DVD pro? Or something else?

Just hoping to get some quick info on the specifics on what I might need to do to get this DVD out the door asap.

thanks

m

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Aug 23, 2012 at 6:18:40 pm

Yes.....everything needs to be reconformed to DVD SD specs .

Return to posts index

Money Mahoney
on Aug 23, 2012 at 6:29:13 pm

OK GUYS:

I did indeed start my whole project over from scratch, be careful to use the "SD" settings before I imported the video assets... and I still got the error message indicated earlier today.

And so, here's hoping someone can give me EXACT instructions on how to delete the problematic folder that seems to be hanging me up?

thanks

m

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Aug 23, 2012 at 6:30:54 pm

See other post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]