FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP fails to build and format my project

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Horton
DVDSP fails to build and format my project
on Aug 14, 2012 at 7:39:03 pm

I'm new to DVDSP. Hope that doesn't turn any of you away. I've become pretty familiar with it fairly quickly, as I'm an audio engineer (experience with complex software) and have also done some video editing in FCP.

First, I'm running DVDSP 4 on a G5 PPC and Leopard 10.5.8, 8 gigs RAM, plenty of disc space.

I've created all of my menus using still images, audio and buttons. All connections are good as "Simulate Menu" shows. HOWEVER, I am not actually creating this DVD to include a movie. It is meant to be an interactive, educational tool for kids. After failing to build multiple times and reading the manual more closely, I deduced that I have to have a movie as part of the project. So I made a short dummy .mov in FCP and dropped it in the menu editor on my Main menu page. Resized it to the smallest possible, tucked it in a corner and removed the link to the vid clip (because I didn't want it to be highlighted on Menu as a choice for viewers). When I go to Build&Format, the encoding progress bar pops up and does not move from 0% even after a long long time.

So, I'm stumped. Is there a way for me to author a DVD without having an actual movie included as an asset? If not, is there a workaround?

Much appreciated

Return to posts index

Todd Horton
Re: DVDSP fails to build and format my project
on Aug 14, 2012 at 7:44:03 pm

I should have also pointed out as an example, one menu page includes images of musical instruments. When selecting one, via an adjacent button, it takes you to a new page with a still of that instrument with audio that plays automatically. This is a way for kids to identify an instrument of the orchestra both visually and aurally.

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
on Aug 19, 2012 at 12:18:40 pm

When you are trying to build, does the Errorr message window generate any type of warning for you?

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Todd Horton
on Aug 19, 2012 at 1:45:15 pm

Thanks for your reply.
No, it simply hangs at 0% in the encoding window after clicking Build/Format
Todd

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:32:00 am

Try just having it build an image file (.dmg), then use Disk Utility to burn the disc.

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]