FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem with quality after dvd authoring with encore

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
spiros giann
problem with quality after dvd authoring with encore
on Jul 6, 2012 at 8:58:33 am

yesterday i made a 150 min video using final cut pro.i export it to a mov file and the quality was very good.i then used adobe media encoder to transcode it to a m2v file in order to use encore for menus.when i finally burn it to a dl dvd my resolution was not good and especially when people move fast quality was awful.what should i do in order to have the same quality as the mov file.i do not mind using 2 dl dvds but i still did not see much difference.please help me cause i am desperate. i need to deliver my project in 2 days.

Return to posts index

Marcus Batley
Re: problem with quality after dvd authoring with encore
on Jul 13, 2012 at 1:05:14 pm

Hi Spiros

Did you find a fix for this? Sounds like a problem I've been having - whenever I transcode a 25fps file (for PAL) in Media Encoder, Premiere or Encore CS6, the resulting fps is a fraction lower than 25, whether it's set to use the source fps or specifically 25) and the resulting DVD looks very jittery. Frame by frame, motion seems to jump back as if it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I've asked Adobe about it but they haven't come up with a fix yet. A temporary workaround is to transcode with Toast and use the resulting m2v & ac3 files to complete the menu in Encore!

Return to posts index

spiros giann
on Jul 13, 2012 at 3:18:03 pm

yes my friend.i finally realize that if you start a new project in tcp x and choose custom setting under the audio option you choose stereo.then your export to .mov file will be accepted from encore and no more transconding will be needed with media encoder.encore will import mov file and export it to a dvd with no quality problem.

Return to posts index

Marcus Batley
on Jul 13, 2012 at 3:47:46 pm

thanks for letting me know...you got around it by avoiding using encoder, similar to my toast method...think there's still a problem with encoder in CS6. Maybe adobe will publish a patch soon...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]