FORUMS: list search recent posts

best encoding software to create DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francisco Bech Gómez
best encoding software to create DVD
on Jun 18, 2012 at 10:51:27 am

Hello

I been editing a 2 minutes long trailer shoot with a red one. I did this in FC, and use compressor, the quality I can get is far from the original. What would the best encoder or the best way to create a DVD, it´s only 2 minutes long

adobe encoder? bitvice or any other? cinemacraft encoder looks good, its maybe worthit to encode with a PC ? also my dvdsp usually gives me problems , is there any other pro software for DVD?

Best regards

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: best encoding software to create DVD
on Jun 18, 2012 at 11:36:37 am

I have such strong opinions on this. I find that of all the encoders (other than the really expensive commercial ones) BitVice is marvelous. I get very little degradation with the new version and it also does a great downscale if your production was shot and edited in HD. You can choose your bit rates, an average one for a two pass encode, and it's very user friendly.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Frank Gothmann
on Jun 18, 2012 at 4:58:17 pm

[Francisco Bech Gómez] "I been editing a 2 minutes long trailer shoot with a red one. I did this in FC, and use compressor, the quality I can get is far from the original. What would the best encoder or the best way to create a DVD, it´s only 2 minutes long
"

Cinemacraft is without a doubt the best encoder out there. The PC version also does a good downscale job which is crucial when going from HD to SD. Otherwise you may look into downscaling via other tools (eg. Avisynth) to get a good SD base to work from.

------
"You also agree that you will not use these products for... the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."
iTunes End User Licence Agreement

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jun 18, 2012 at 5:24:36 pm

Instead of throwing out the word Best I thinks it's more important to determine what and why he doesn't like his encoded material?

I'd be willing to bet its a workflow issue.

Saw a producer once who paid 2k for Cinemacraft SP and till asked "why doesn't it look like the original HD

There are free tools out there which do a better job than 90% of all encoders

Return to posts index

Francisco Bech Gómez
on Jun 19, 2012 at 7:43:28 am

Thanks, working with compressor and dvd sp, I get a very washed out image, no colors and contrast. I was exporting the sequence from FCP 7 with current settings. Then I tried exporting uncompressed video and the resulting video is very dark with high contrast

I am triying now adobe premiere CS6 and exporting in Mov and uncompressed. The result in both cases results is very dark and high contrast videos as well, why is this? So I am really lost, I have a 2008 Imac with 2,4ghz intel core duo and 4 GB of Ram, maybe I need a better system, I dont now since I am unexperienced with the DVD process. My goal is to get the best possible quality DVD, the editing is only 2 minutes long, red one clips and a couple of 5D clips

-editing: FCP 7 at proress 444 or CS6 natively. Exporting in Mov or uncompressed?
-encoding: Abode encode or other encoder?
-To burn DVD: Encorer should be enought?

sorry for all this questions

Best regards

Return to posts index

Craig Harris
on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:02:06 pm

Hello Francisco,
What was your project colour corrected in? What colour profile are your monitors set to?

Craig

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]