FORUMS: list search recent posts

BluRay authoring

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Culleton
BluRay authoring
on May 22, 2012 at 1:05:13 pm

real sorry if this has been threaded to death folks but am i right in thinking DVD architect will author a playable BluRay disc?

and if so does it have to be DVDA pro 5.2?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: BluRay authoring
on May 22, 2012 at 3:01:33 pm

Not trying to be smart but this is normally answered in the apps spec sheet. The lower end Bluray apps can do specific things but not full spec authoring. If you can looking for something specific this is a good place to ask.

Return to posts index

John Culleton
on May 22, 2012 at 3:17:04 pm

spec say it does so is anyone here using it and are there any better BluRay alternatives? maybe Encore?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on May 22, 2012 at 5:20:48 pm

Why ,specifically, Is DVDA not helping you?

Return to posts index

John Culleton
on May 22, 2012 at 6:12:12 pm

i'm after an authoring program that will produce a bluray disc, i use DVDLab at the moment and seems there will be no update to bluray

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on May 22, 2012 at 6:30:34 pm

DVDA should do fine along with Encore. Here's a list of tools:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/authoring-bd-hd-dvd

Return to posts index

John Culleton
on May 22, 2012 at 7:30:10 pm

thanks Eric, any recomendations for an internal BD burner? are Pioneers still good?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on May 22, 2012 at 7:53:10 pm

Yeah....pioneer, Sony, LG. All the name brands are good

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on May 23, 2012 at 10:09:18 am

Eric, whilst we're on this thread can I ask about Titanium Toast 11 Pro? I only use that for making BD's. Just drag in the ProRes HQ .mov and Toast does the rest. I have a stand alone BD Lacie Burner to burn the BD. Brilliant looking BD's result which seem to play anywhere. One problem though. The discs will not fast forward or back, whereas my DVD's (encoded in BitVice and burnt in Toast) will do that 'till the cows come home.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
on May 23, 2012 at 3:48:31 pm

DVD Architect will absolutely allow you to author a playable BD. BD support was added in DVDA 5.0, so you pretty much want 5.2, but slightly earlier versions will work.

Here's the thing: DVDA is basically creating a DVD emulation for BD. If you look at the specs for DVD and BD, most authoring programs put their own "abstraction layer" on top of that spec. They make things easier to do, but they add limits.

DVDA doesn't remove the BD's greater support of title sets or various other elements. But it also doesn't really let you at any of the really cool BD features, like pop-up menus. It takes the DVD-inspired DVD Architect abstraction layer, and puts that on Blu-ray.

The bad thing: you can't anything really specific to Blu-ray.

The good thing: the BD project you create will got to DVD almost without a change (it'll even re-render your video for you). Almost anything you can do for DVD in DVDA you can do for BD, plus a little extra (less limits on colors, etc).

If your goal is creating a really crazy and wild BD user interface, go somewhere else. If your goal is doing basically what you did on DVD (and honestly, even as a hobby animator, as a one-man shop, I'm pretty set with the number of things I do on DVD... I don't really demand any more tricks), with the additional advantage of taking that BD project to DVD _almost_ automatically.. DVDA is a great choice.

-Dave

Return to posts index

John Culleton
on May 23, 2012 at 6:27:55 pm

thanks Dave, that's just what i'm after, DVDLab has been great over the years but Oscar is not developing the program for Bluray.

John Culleton

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]