FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro.(Problem)

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
segun olorunnisomo
DVD Studio Pro.(Problem)
on May 3, 2012 at 12:23:49 pm

Hello,
Am new to Dvd Studio Pro and just learned how to use it by watching a tutorial. i think i have gotten all the steps right and before i click the burn tab i usually preview all my work using the simulator and it all looks ok. After the burn process is successfully completed, i remove the dvd and try to play it in a Dvd player but when i do this the player gives me an error message even when i try to play the Dvd on my mac it doesn't play, it just opens and i see some files in the Dvd. i really don't know what to do but am sure there is something am doing wrong. Help Please.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: DVD Studio Pro.(Problem)
on May 3, 2012 at 5:23:41 pm

What files and/or folders do you see on the DVD? At the root level of the disc, there should be a folder named VIDEO_TS. Inside that folder, you will find files with extensions .vob, .ifo, and .bup. Also there may or may not be a folder named AUDIO_TS, which should be empty. If you see anything else, or if there are only files at the root level of the DVD disc, then the DVD is not built and formatted correctly, and you will not have a playable DVD.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

segun olorunnisomo
on May 3, 2012 at 6:04:23 pm

Thanks Bill,
you perfectly get it right, i just see all these files and nothing plays. Am sure there is something am doing wrong but i just don't know what is it. Can you please help.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 3, 2012 at 7:07:30 pm

Tell exactly what you see. What are the folder names on the root of the DVD?

I never recommend using Burn, try Build and Format.

Most of the time this happens people have made a HD DVD but that normally plays on a Mac.

Return to posts index

segun olorunnisomo
on May 5, 2012 at 11:13:53 am

yes, i was trying to burn a HD DVD on the DVD Studio Pro, when i insert the disc these are the files i see:HVDVD_Ts-sub folders are-HV000I01.BUP
HV000I01.IFO
HV000M02.EVO
HV001I01.BUP
HV001I01.IFO
HV001M01.EVO
HV001T01.EVO
i did not use the build and burn button i only clicked on burn when i was done.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 5, 2012 at 4:51:48 pm

hd dvds will not play in set top players, this is a dead format. if you want hd on a disc you need to use bluray you can make simple blurry with toast 10 or 11 pro or encore. the newer compressor version can also make super simple discs.

Return to posts index

segun olorunnisomo
on May 7, 2012 at 1:41:45 pm

so i cant burn hd on a regular Dvd disc?? if this is true then what do you advise cos over here in Nigeria blu ray disc and players are not very popular and i just shot a documentary in HD and would like to burn it on a dvd disc which everyone in this area can watch.
Apart from this what else do i need to know about successful authoring of Dvd.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 8, 2012 at 6:31:12 am

You can burn it to a regular DVD but you can really only fit 15-20 minutes or so at the suggested bitrates (25 Mbps). Then the disc will only play on newer Macs. They cannot be played in DVD set top or PCs. It is a dead format.

BluRay is the only way to mass distribute HD material. HD streaming is the other alternative.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on May 3, 2012 at 7:17:53 pm

Did you burn from within DVDSP using the burn button or the build/format button, or did you burn your disc in Toast or another burning app?

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

segun olorunnisomo
on May 5, 2012 at 11:16:18 am

i used the burn button and not the build/format button.Was this the right thing to do?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]