FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime to DVD?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helena Masters
Quicktime to DVD?
on Apr 19, 2012 at 7:09:21 pm

Im not sure if Im posting in the right bit here but I think I am!

Im trying to burn a quicktime movie to a disc for a friend.
Its size is 1280 x 720 and is set at H.264.
Do I need to burn this to a dvd or can I use a cd? And if I do need a dvd, does it need to be a hd one?
Im asking as I burned it to a cd (x52) and its jumping etc.

Please help!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Quicktime to DVD?
on Apr 19, 2012 at 7:27:12 pm

DVD is SD

You need to burn to blu ray

Return to posts index

Helena Masters
on Apr 19, 2012 at 7:58:07 pm

Its only going to be played on a computer, not on a dvd player, so do I still need for it to be a bluray? Would a normal dvd be ok to use for this?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:29:58 pm

If its only going to be played on a computer just deliver the file and play it....or am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Helena Masters
on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:38:25 pm

Its for my friends uni project and she has to hand it in on a disc. The cd is jerky although the actual movie played fine before the disc was burnt, so Im guessing its the cd? I did suggest drop boxing it but she has to have it on disc unfortunately. Do you think a normal dvd would be ok?

Return to posts index

Helena Masters
on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:46:03 pm

p.s. She wants it to play from the disc without it being dragged onto the computer.

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Apr 23, 2012 at 7:50:14 pm

If she was told to burn it to an authored (playable DVD) at uni, they probably mean a regular DVD. These are standard definition.

If she has to have it HD, blu-ray if you want it playable on a TV (authored/playable DVD).

However, it seems she just has to hand in the file so it can be played back on a computer. In this case, she can drag the file onto a DVD (or CD, if it's small enough). The catch is that if you play it off this DVD or CD, it will always be jerky because it can't read fast enough to play it back. You always copy a file from a disk like this to a desktop before playback. There's no way around it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]