FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best DVD Authoring Software?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Little
Best DVD Authoring Software?
on Apr 10, 2012 at 2:40:58 pm

Greetings! I am very new to video editing and am doing my best to get up to speed. I have the Adobe Master Suite CS5 and, after many years designing for print and web, I am being asked to do more and more video. The last project I was on resulted in mastering a DVD using Encore CS5. It was challenging and resulted in many garbage DVDs until I figured out what was wrong. Is this the software you pros use? Is there something better? Can you make a recommendation? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: Best DVD Authoring Software?
on Apr 10, 2012 at 7:34:32 pm

Hi Mike,

Encore can create professional DVDs if you know how to use it, build it using correctly prepared assets and take the time to test the output. The same can be said for DVD Studio Pro, Sonic DVD and heck, even Toast if you really want to. Scenarist is arguably the "most professional" DVD authoring platform, but there are plenty of DVDs being authored in Encore and DVD-SP that work great and are of professional-lever quality and caliber.

If you have Encore, take the time to learn it and it should serve you well. There is a lot of good info on the COW already, and if you can't find it here, there are good tutorials that can walk you through getting started.

Keep in mind that a lot of what makes a DVD "good or bad" is the encoding and preparation of the assets for the video itself and the menu graphics.

Return to posts index

Mariecris Villanueva
Re: Best DVD Authoring Software?
on Dec 1, 2014 at 3:56:03 am

Hi! new to Encore, wondering if you can place photos BUT NOT AS A SLIDESHOW ... thanks!

always give your 100%...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]