FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two issues with TMPGEnc DVD Author

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Morris
Two issues with TMPGEnc DVD Author
on Apr 7, 2012 at 3:23:32 am

I've got two issues with TMPGEnc DVD Author 3, and I'm finally throwing in the towel and asking for help.

1. In building the menu, one item is larger than the others. It's all one video file, so it can't be a change in the size of the source. I've applied a new template. I've recreated the chapter point in a different location and rebuilt the menu. This one item stays larger. (I have two items highlighted so you can see and compare: the odd one is the bottom one.)

2. When I try to build the DVD, I get an error "No stream available. (error code 0x80048001)" I've successfully built a DVD before with other projects (many times), and even with this project, though I'm not sure what, if anything, changed to make that possible. The error occurs during the building of the topmost menu - so, almost immediately.

Help!

Bill in Kansas City

Return to posts index

John Pugnale
Re: Two issues with TMPGEnc DVD Author
on Apr 17, 2012 at 5:13:38 pm

Bill,

I have not used version 3 for quite some time, but I seem to recall have this issue before. Have you tried doing a shutdown and restart on the computer, then start an entirely new project, add the clip, edit the chapter points, then build a new menu?

I know it is a pain. but I am betting that the project has somehow embeded a Widescreen thumbnail in its settings. I'd be interested to know if the same thumbnail position is widescreen on pages 2, 3, and 4. If so, then that's a tell-tale sign. If not then that's very strange.

BTW, Authoring Works 5 has a lot of new features plus excellent file format support.

Sorry it took so long to reply to your post. Not much traffic here for Pegasys TMPGenc Authoing users. It is really a slick, easy to use, yet powerful DVD authoring app. That said, it does have some limitations and quirks.

John

John Pugnale
MVP Video Creations, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]