FORUMS: list search recent posts

Megalodon printing?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heidi Lanni
Megalodon printing?
on Apr 5, 2012 at 11:42:38 pm

Anyone ever used Megalodon Multimedia for dvd replication and package printing? I'm in the middle of a job with them and starting to feel a bit weird about the company, though the samples they send are lovely and the art help is great, just worried about the business end and would love to know if anyone has had experience with them?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Megalodon printing?
on Apr 6, 2012 at 12:39:02 am

Never heard of them but if the product is good, what's the issue?

Return to posts index

Heidi Lanni
on Apr 6, 2012 at 1:02:28 am

The samples they sent are first rate. But, here is the rub. The staff will not talk with you on the phone, though you can talk to a graphic artist, you can not talk with anyone in accounting or management. They demand all money up front, and they produce the product out of the country. And, they are reasonably priced, so I get them not wanting to spend lots of man hours on the phone. I also understand the money thing, because they deal with musicians and indie filmmakers who are likely on tight budgets, and I know it can probably be hard to get paid sometimes. But, I worry about my recourse if the goods don't show up - and show up on time, you know? It's a $10,000 order. I'd love to find other people who have actually used them to make me feel better about sending a check.I would feel better if they would call, but they say they prefer to do all business (except art) by phone.

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
on Apr 6, 2012 at 3:29:05 pm

It's pretty common in the duplication/replication industry to require full payment prior to starting an order. We have the same policy for first time orders, and then allow business clients to request credit terms upon a credit check.

Most of our clients understand the policy and don't mind, but to the few that are uncomfortable I suggest that they use a credit card for payment instead of a check. That way if we were to not deliver, they could dispute it with the card company and likely not have to pay. Most of our clients pay with card anyways.

Have your voiced your concerns to them honestly and respectfully? It might be worth shooting off a quick email that clearly voices your concerns and asks for an update on your project. It might not change anything, but at least it lets them know your concerns.

Return to posts index

Tristan Perich
on Feb 4, 2015 at 1:46:03 am

Heidi, how did working with Megalodon work out in the end?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]