FORUMS: list search recent posts

fcp > dvdsp > ddp

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Symonds
fcp > dvdsp > ddp
on Mar 19, 2012 at 2:05:53 am

Hi there,

I'm currently in the process of authoring a DVD of a live performance that's 85 minutes in length. We're sending the film to a replication house and I have been old I can provide them with a DDP file rather than a master copy of a DVD.

My question is around the workflow. Do I need to encode the file into an m2v first or can I simply drop an exported quicktime from the FCP sequence and then create the DDP file from there?

The replication house told us to supply them with a DDP file after we raised concerns over quality. For this reason I'm unsure if I'm supposed to do ANY encoding at my end or if I leave it all to them.

If anyone would be able to tell me how they would approach this workflow I'd really appreciate it.

The performance was shot on Sony EX-3's and the footage is sitting in XDCAM EX 1080p 35mb/s and I'm outputting to SD DVD.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: fcp > dvdsp > ddp
on Mar 19, 2012 at 3:56:31 am

DDP has zero to do with the quality of the video. It is just a better way to give your master to the replicator. DVD authoring program makes the DDP file after you have authored it.

Quality of the encode from HD material has been answered a bunch of times here.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: fcp > dvdsp > ddp
on Mar 20, 2012 at 5:59:43 pm

Yeah most replicators can work directly from a DVD-R with zero issues. Never made a single disc off DDP myself.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]