FORUMS: list search recent posts

Authoring an unusual aspect ratio project (1080x1920)

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tak Nakano
Authoring an unusual aspect ratio project (1080x1920)
on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:49:48 am

'elo everyone,

The final output of this project is on a 16:9 TV screen in portrait (as in putting a normal TV on its side so it is vertically long).

Three questions:

a) I've worked on the edit in 1080x1920 but should I have worked in 1920x1080 with the vision side-ways as the TV will be tilted to the side at the end? It's essentially a shot of a vertically long building and we want the building to fit the TV screen without creating any black dead spaces on the TV screen.

b) Is it possible to author in 9:16? I've been toying with DVD Studio Pro and had a look around the net but they all seem to not be able to do this. If so, should I re-work the project in 1920x1080 but have the building on the side as I cut it and then feed it to the TV at the end and physically tilt the TV screen vertically (as I've said above in (a))?

c) Is mp4 the best output format to export on DVD and play on a TV screen? I'm shying away from .mov as the vision is 18min long and it might be too large for the DVD player to play? This is something I've just been told by the producer and haven't tested it myself so sorry this doesn't make any sense.

Any advice would be appreciated heaps. Have a very tight deadline (next few days) so every bit would count.

Thanks everyone!

tk

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Authoring an unusual aspect ratio project (1080x1920)
on Mar 9, 2012 at 12:28:14 am

That is a standard aspect ratio, you are just turning the TV on its side. Of course you have to design your elements to be correct when the display is rotated.

DVD is not HD so you cannot deliver on a DVD, You need to use a BluRay or a H.264 file.

Return to posts index

Tak Nakano
Re: Authoring an unusual aspect ratio project (1080x1920)
on Mar 9, 2012 at 8:33:04 am

Cheers. Will give that a go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]