FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot Play DVD with Windows XP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Redford Givens
Cannot Play DVD with Windows XP
on Mar 5, 2012 at 10:26:54 pm

Our DVD set has been published by a reputable replicator. This is the first time we've had any complaint on our three DVD sets until this.

My Windows XP won't play it. The DVD has no instructions on which Decoder to use to play Toledo Joe DVD.

Is there a special Decoder for playing DVDs in Windows XP. If so what has to be done to play a standard DVD?

Another reason Microsoft is no my S--t list. Any Windozz system is a clunker with seven times more flaws than all Mac systems combined.

Anyway, is there a way this customer can play the DVD using Windows XP?? And what is the problem?

Never Trust A Robot

Redford Givens

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Cannot Play DVD with Windows XP
on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:20:22 pm

Well XP is a little more customizable then Mac, which is why people like them and hate Mac. The avg user needs a little more knowledge of computing as well.

With that, what player are your users using ? Media Player has never been a good player. VLC is what I use....and it's free:). If your customers can't figure out they Need or don't know how to use your player, that's not yours or Microsofts fault.

I'd simply direct them to a good software player

Return to posts index

Kelly Basden
Re: Cannot Play DVD with Windows XP
on Mar 6, 2012 at 1:01:03 pm

JetAudio is a very stable and robust player. I have been using it since at least 2005, and now, in the past year they have released a stand alone JetVideo, available from the same site. Both will play audio and video, JetAudio provides a media center for ripping and burning audio cds. I haven't found anything either will NOT play, aside from BD, clear down to smartphone video and audio. I will not use anything else. I like VLC player, but it comes nowhere close to JetAudio/Video.

I don't use Windows Media Player ever because I do not need to.

http://www.jetaudio.com/products/jetvideo/

----------------------------------
It's all about the music.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]