FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does Roxio Toast interface with FCE4?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vic Noseworthy
Does Roxio Toast interface with FCE4?
on Mar 3, 2012 at 10:16:54 am

Hi folks,
Been having a few snags with iDVD, and was wondering if Roxio Toast might be a work-around. Anyone know how Toast works? Does it require that I export a stand-alone movie from Final Cut Express and use that to create a DVD? Or can I export the file from FCE4 as a NON-stand-alone file, and use that to create a DVD? Or do I do something else altogether?
Just asking because I'm considering getting Toast for creating DVDs of my finished productions.
Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Vic

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Does Roxio Toast interface with FCE4?
on Mar 3, 2012 at 6:53:20 pm

Why? IDVD is fine....what are you snags? :)

Return to posts index

Vic Noseworthy
Re: Does Roxio Toast interface with FCE4?
on Mar 3, 2012 at 7:29:17 pm

Hey, Eric.
What happens is that everything appears to be going well/normal, until I reach the "multiplexing and burning" stage, at which point the DVD ejects from the machine. The software doesn't indicate there's a problem, and just carries on as if it's still creating the disk... and runs on indefinitely. And the ejected disk is completely blank.
I've tried several DVD creation scenarios (i.e. with really simple content, i.e. no titles, just a few small clips without any fancy editing), and it doesn't make any difference.
FYI: I've used it in the past, and it worked perfectly. The only thing that's changed with my system is that I've had a new motherboard installed. I don't think this is a factor because it hasn't affected anything else.
Any ideas on what might be causing the disk to eject during "multiplexing and burning"?
Thanks very much for your help, Eric.
Vic

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]