FORUMS: list search recent posts

any trial version of scenarist sd?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergio Tachini
any trial version of scenarist sd?
on Feb 27, 2012 at 5:20:46 pm

is there any trial version of Scenarist SD ? I would like to try it before paying its high cost.. at google I met up with Scenarist 3.2.1 Portable.. is that related with the original program or totally different software?

Another thing, we have some dvds which released in another country and we are thinking to use DVD Decrypter to have their content into Scenarist? And add them our audio tracks, subtitles and extras.. We will replicate our movies as 2000 units and we would like to make our dvd authoring works by ourself. Could you advise us some..

Should we use any other software? dvd lab pro 2? etc..

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: any trial version of scenarist sd?
on Feb 27, 2012 at 5:33:03 pm

There maybe.....you need to contact Rovi. Not sure what you saw but it was probably some crack.

Scenarist is overkill unless you are an exclusive authoring house or plan on doing several titles in the future. Plus it will take you weeks/months to learn.

Just extract you content and use DVD lab, DVDSP or Encore

Return to posts index

Sergio Tachini
on Feb 27, 2012 at 10:35:52 pm

Thank you for the reply.
Actually Scenarist is making me indecision too. because I will need to spend much more time to learn it comparing the other sofwares. but at the same time I am talking about a professional work which I have to make it as industrial standards!

yes.. using dvd lab pro is easier for me. but I am worried about quality of the picture after demuxing? I am getting the .vob files from a released dvd directly into dvd lab pro. do you think the quality of the files effecting from this move?

and is there any standard points that I should make on the master?

some people told me that making the authoring works with dvdlab pro may cause the dvds not working on some players. have you ever made a replication dvd master with this program?

another question: which authoring software is the best alternative for Scenarist SD on dvd 'replication'? is it dvd lab pro? or which..

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:48:36 pm

[Sergio Tachini] "yes.. using dvd lab pro is easier for me. but I am worried about quality of the picture after demuxing? I am getting the .vob files from a released dvd directly into dvd lab pro. do you think the quality of the files effecting from this move?"

The quality of your demuxed stream has nothing to do with the authoring tool you use. When you demux, youre just taking off the MPEG 2 Stream already on the disc

[Sergio Tachini] "some people told me that making the authoring works with dvdlab pro may cause the dvds not working on some players. have you ever made a replication dvd master with this program?"

Not unless you author it incorrectly. There are several replicated titles done with DVDLab. Dont have them on hand but there used to be a forum on DVDLab which went over the titles used.

[Sergio Tachini] "another question: which authoring software is the best alternative for Scenarist SD on dvd 'replication'? is it dvd lab pro? or which.."

Personally, Id go with DVDSP, but Encore and DVDLab will work fine.

but it really comes down to how knowledgeable you are about DEmuxing and authoring and Design for DVD. If youve never done this before (which I dont think you have :):) ) it would be wise to get someone who has.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]