FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu Ray Files and Settings for Authoring

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sandy shapiro
Blu Ray Files and Settings for Authoring
on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:30:16 pm

Hi,

I'm screening a short film at a festival that requires a Blu Ray disc. A friend of mine has a Blu Ray burner and offered to burn the Blu Ray discs for me if I provide him with the encoded files. I have Toast (which he is using to burn the disc) and the HD plug-in. Should I use Toast to make the Blu Ray files or can I use Compressor from Final Cut Pro? Which is better? I would also like to know the best compression settings for Blu Ray.

Thanks,

Sandy

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Blu Ray Files and Settings for Authoring
on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:40:04 pm

Why not just borrow his BD burner if it is free standing? I do all my BD's with Toast Titanium Pro 11 (which is what you probably have) and the results are great.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

sandy shapiro
on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:44:45 pm

He is borrowing his work's burner, so to minimize time he asked me to make the files. I have Toast HD. Should I just bring my Apple Pro Res Quicktime into Toast and make the files? If so, what bit rate, etc?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 23, 2012 at 10:29:00 am

Sandy, yes, I just drag my ProRes file into Toast. The video tab is checked and Blu-Ray is the indicated disc. Toast does the rest. In the option box I have the bit rate at 8mbps with a max of 16 so presumably it's a variable rate depending on the content. Audio is Dolby Digital at 256kbps. Also indicated is 16:9 aspect with Top Field first (my stuff is shot interlaced).

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

sandy shapiro
on Feb 24, 2012 at 3:16:01 pm

what type of blu ray discs do you buy to burn your HD movies?

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 24, 2012 at 6:50:17 pm

Sandy, I always use Verbatim discs, both DVD and BD. The code for the Blu-Ray is BD-R 25GB 4x and I use the Photo Printable surface which is white and takes a nice print from the Epsom Stylus Photo P50 printer using the Print CD software.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

sandy shapiro
on Feb 24, 2012 at 7:51:32 pm

Thanks, Michael. I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

sandy shapiro
on Mar 2, 2012 at 1:16:58 pm

HI Michael,

I have a question regarding Toast. I bought the HD plugin. Making a disc image to give to a friend who will burn the blu rays. And it encodes the quicktime, writes it and says "100% completed" then the window stays open on that and doesn't do anything. Is something wrong or is that means it's done? There's no chime to say it's finished. Should i just wait?

Thanks,

Sandy

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Mar 2, 2012 at 4:40:11 pm

Don't know Sandy as I let Toast do the whole job and it only stops when the disc has been burnt and verified.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]