FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rip a DVD into individual segments, then create new reorganized dvd with new menu...

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andres Ariza
Rip a DVD into individual segments, then create new reorganized dvd with new menu...
on Feb 8, 2012 at 1:41:10 pm

Hello everyone. Im new to this forum and needed some help. I have a pretty big music DVD collection and would like to create some custom dvd's. Im trying to first rip a couple of dvd's to my computer in a way that each music video will be seperate from the other. Then I want to choose a few of the music videos and create my own custom music dvd with custom menus and only containing the music videos of my choosing in the order that I want. Im going to start doing some google searches for rippers for now but hope to get some help here. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Rip a DVD into individual segments, then create new reorganized dvd with new menu...
on Feb 8, 2012 at 6:44:04 pm

That's kinda illegal- but if you google for DVD ripping FAQs you'll receive plenty of tips.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Rip a DVD into individual segments, then create new reorganized dvd with new menu...
on Feb 8, 2012 at 7:02:34 pm

Well, if it is for personal use of your own DVD it is equivalent to making a mixed tape. You cannot distribute (give) copies away.

Cinematize has a nice feature that rips chapters very cleanly. Others have in and out points that you can set.

Return to posts index

Andres Ariza
on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:38:58 pm

Michael Sacci. Thanks for the reply, im going to look into that program a.s.a.p.

Return to posts index

Andres Ariza
on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:24:50 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the ripping that I plan on doing is 100% legal, so no worrys but thank you very much.

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Feb 8, 2012 at 8:00:42 pm

I do a lot of "legal" ripping of DVDs for schools that get permission to copy them....and I use MPEG Streamclip mostly, but it does not work with encrypted material. So for that I make a disc image with DVD Decryptor and then mount that image and then use MPEG Streamclip to grab the content. Also DVD Demuxer is now freeware, but sometimes will rip the tracks into hundreds of pieces...but sometimes not. It also will not demux encrypted DVDs, so I'd use DVD Decryptor first and make a disc image or set' of DVD files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]