FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG 2 to DVD Studio Pro - Full Screen on all DVD Players in 16:9

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Pennock
MPEG 2 to DVD Studio Pro - Full Screen on all DVD Players in 16:9
on Feb 2, 2012 at 9:43:01 pm

Greetings

I have tried many a resolution and settings to create a fullscreen DVD with MPEG2 SD for any DVD player that could be potentially connected to any 16:9 display source in the US. No luck so far and the forums I have searched are not totally clear to me.

The footage I have is an 800 x 600 sequence of .bmp images assembled in After Effects (i do not have access to FCP). I don't mind stretching, squishing, or scaling a little bit to get a full screen dvd output.

If you know the exact settings for composition and render in AE that would be so helpful...I have tried square and rectangle pixels, setting to 854 x 480, then 853 x 480 (only to my horror seeing a post just now where someone uses 852 x 480, seriously wtf).

I have been authoring with DVD Studio Pro 4 in the 16:9 pan scan setting.

Please help me solve this nightmare of endless dvds in the wrong resolution. And yes, I have until tonight to do it.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: MPEG 2 to DVD Studio Pro - Full Screen on all DVD Players in 16:9
on Feb 3, 2012 at 1:54:09 am

Well the problem is you don't have the correct resolution. It has to be 720x480 with an aspect resolution of 1.2 (widescreen). AE handles video resolutions and aspect ratios of the pixel. No idea why you have gone done this path.

Of course your DVD players need to be set up properly also.

Return to posts index

Gary Pennock
on Feb 3, 2012 at 1:31:52 pm

The source is a software program, i had to use a screen caprure tool, which at the time saved my animation to .bmp files.

If there is any way to do this it would be so helpful, like I said above, I don't mind if there is a little disortion on conversion...

Return to posts index

Juan Manuel
on Feb 7, 2012 at 12:33:57 pm

You'll need to use a 720*480 composition with the proper pixel aspect ratio (you have presets for that). Once you have that, adjust your animation by either cropping (ie, put it in the comp, scale it down a bit and center it in the comp, leaving borders outside the comp) or by adjusting the size and aspect ratio to the composition (right-click the layer with the animation, choose transform/fit to comp)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]