FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using DVD Media Online

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Cannizzaro
Using DVD Media Online
on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:50:05 pm

For a project I'm working on I've been asked to find a way for a client to basically play a DVD with menus via the internet. Is there any way to create a DVD with different chapters and then have someone play it online? As far I knew this wouldn't be possible without recreating the chapters as links via a web page. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: Using DVD Media Online
on Jan 25, 2012 at 12:01:58 am

Encore has something like this, but I've not used it, so I can't speak to if the output is actually functional or worthwhile. Anytime I have a client with a request like this, I push them in the direction of creating a dedicated and intentionally built website with this functionality. DVDs and web sites have different features and capabilities, so it's really best to design for one of the other and not try to make something fit for both.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Using DVD Media Online
on Jan 25, 2012 at 6:19:38 am

Ive been using a Slingbox for years for this purpose. Allows your client to log on and control your DVD Player with full functionality.

I have clients log on with their iPhones and proof their titles....cool stuff and makes you look Super Pro!

http://www.slingbox.com/go/slingbox-solo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]